Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I Need a Job

I need a job.
Yesterday I took the long and pleasant drive down to the old mining town of Superior, AZ. 3.5 hours later I interviewed at the mid/high school for an Art teacher position. During the interview the principal left to go to another meeting with his superintendant... So after they asked me 20 questions I had my 20 questions... Weird... No thankyou. Expecially after I saw the salary scale. 5 years experience + Masters = $32,000. HAHAHAHA. That's what I was making in 2002 at Magdalena School district in New Mexico be fore I went to grad school...
Today I interviewed at Gore. I wore my flip-flops to the interview. I forgot to change into my conformative girly heals. (I recall wearing my black cowboy boots with Lizzy's borrowed pantsuit to my interview in Boston.. Im not a shoe girl) I'm sure they didn't notice. I'm perfectly applicable for the job as a manufacturing operator. I would get to wear those nice full paper suits in the "clean room" assemblage of some sort of medical parts... 2nd shift, 10 hours 4 days a week. It was worth a try... I could use the bennies and the $$$. But 2nd shift starts at 2pm. My one and only class I'm teaching this fall is on Mondays and Wednesday from 2:30-5pm. It's more important to me that I keep my little drawing class at the community college rather than hore myself at Gore.

GOD, I NEED A JOB! To be continued...